Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Dream...

Katie R.

For a few months now I have been planning a wedding.  It’s going great and I am really enjoying it, in fact it may even give me the motivation to really start marketing myself to do more events.  However, what is not awesome is trying to email during naps while sitting on a bulldozer or trying to have a phone conversation while writing with one hand and holding a 20 lb baby with the other arm.
So for the past few months while I’m “working” and staring at the toy tornado aftermath which is my house, I daydream.  Not about winning the lottery or being lucky enough to be skinny no matter what I eat or even something selfless like world peace… nope I dream about having an office all to myself.

Now, with the renovations I will have an office downstairs but that is not even close to what I’m talking about.  What I dream about is an office, just one room I’m not greedy, in a building located anywhere but here.   Somewhere I have to drive, park and walk too- in that order.
Here is what is allowed in my office:  white furniture, a coffee maker, a nice rug with no stains, a small refridgerator for wine and soda, a decorative pillow that remains on the chair or sofa, a nice photo of my family all clean and smiling

Here is what is NOT allowed in my office:  kids, toys  and goldfish crackers and/or raisins
See I’m not asking for much.  Just something like this:



So I will now go do some work with both of my kids in bed and still awake. And tomorrow when I make calls I will do my best not to curse when I step on yet another Lightening McQueen car as I rush to find a pen and usually end up taking the note with a crayon.  Oh but a girl can always dream….


No comments:

Post a Comment