Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Want to Go Back to O-hi-o..

Katie R.

Today the weather was perfect, cool in the morning and high 70s in the afternoon.   Stepping out of the minivan at the hair salon, to which I arrived 15 minutes early just to get out of the house and read the current People magazine, a wave of nostalgia hit me.  No not a childhood memory, I thought of how fantastic these days were when I was at OSU.


Now anyone who didn’t know me in college or has never heard any of my college stories would assume I was talking about being outside studying, reading a book, doing some type of recreational activity or hanging out on the oval.  (This is a view of the oval at OSU where all the students hang out during the day when the weather is nice)



No, this weather made me miss hanging out with my friends in the afternoon drinking beer on a porch (aka roof) or even classier sitting in a baby pool drinking beer.  Then going home grabbing a nap, a shower and heading to a party where we could be outside the whole night. There will be no photos posted of those evenings!

I almost called my girlfriends to reminisce about this but I realized it was naptime and I didn’t want to wake their kids.  So I got my hair cut and headed home to mulch.  Oh how times have changed…


I want to go back to Ohio State
To old Columbus town,
To the stadium to hear the band,
By far the finest in the land,
I want to go back to Ohio State
To old Columbus town,
I wanna go back,
I gotta go back,
To O-hi-o.
Ohio, Ohio.
The hills send back the cry (O-H!)
We're here for do or die (I-O!)
Ohio, Ohio.
We'll win the game or know the reason why!
And when we win the game we'll buy a keg of booze!
And we'll drink to old Ohio
'Til we wobble in our shoes!
Ohio, Ohio.
We'll win the game or know the reason why.

1 comment:

  1. So nice! I caught up with my college roommate today and talked about fun memories like that, too. Hope you enjoyed your afternoon - sounds perfect to me !

    ReplyDelete