Friday, May 11, 2012

stuffed animals

Katie D.

I don’t love stuffed animals.  I appreciate the fact that they are a part of childhood and everyone has them but then the inevitable comes; you have too freakin many and you have to do something about it.  I don’t get sentimental about things like this, I didn’t save either boys hair from their 1st haircut, I didn’t cry when I sent Colby to school for the 1st time and I love that they are growing up and changing every day. Granted I still have the alligator that I had as a baby but I don’t have the 4,000 other stuffed animals that filled my room growing up. This brings me back to current day. When we moved to our house in October I did a bit of purging, some toys, some stuffed animals and blankets didn’t make the cut.  But alas more have come to join us at our home.  I guess what I’m getting at is should I feel bad about throwing them away after they have been properly loved, should I cling to them for a bit longer until they are really dirty, should I get one of those vacuum sealed bags and save them until they graduate and move out and then make the boys deal with them? No matter what I decide I suppose I should enjoy the time they spend with them. Lincoln’s new favorite is Colby’s Velcro monkey that he wears around his neck and snuggles as he plays around the house.  It’s pretty damn cute so I will enjoy it until he grows up a bit more and stuffed animals become not cool anymore.
Just hanging around!
Along for the ride!

Don't forget to like our facebook page if you haven't already!

https://www.facebook.com/2KatiesBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment