Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Therapy... Going to the Dump

Katie R.

Two weeks ago the kids were driving me nuts so at nap time I told Joe that I would go to the dump/recycling center.  Yes here in the upper valley we take our trash to the dump versus having the city/town pick it up. 

So... I'm gathering the recycling and Joe has a lot of beer bottles.  He says do you want to take these to throw?  I looked at him like he was crazy and told him that sure I would dump them.  He said no if you're not going to throw them then I'll take them. So he gave me a couple and I left thinking my husband is out of his freakin' mind.

Until I get to the dump. I went to the recycling center and took out all the cardboard, paper, etc and did the glass last as it's on the end.  I walked up with every intention of dumping the bottles out until I realize what my husband was talking about. 


In this glorious pit there is nothing but glass bottles and you stand approx 8 to 10 feet above the bottles (I had to text Katie D. and her hubby to find out how high it is).  You then toss the bottles, aim at other bottles or just give them a good angry throw and you are rewarded with exploding bottles and the sound of glass breaking.

It had just been emptied today when I was there
Sounds bizarre right?  That is what I thought too but I have to give this one to Joe, when I got home I to felt much better.  So that is how I get my frustration out plus it gives my hubby an excuse to drink more beer.  I mean it's really a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment