Monday, May 21, 2012

A Little Relaxation

Katie R.

This week is going to be a crazy week.  Both my parents and my in-laws will be in town for Andrew’s 3rd Birthday.  Saturday we are having a birthday party with about 30 guests and although it sounds chaotic the fact is I love it.  I love having family around and planning an Octonauts themed party.
However, I also love some time alone with my husband and because our family lives so far away we rarely get away overnight let alone two nights.  So when my parents so graciously agreed to watch the boys for 2 nights so we could go to Portland, Maine we jumped at the chance.

The best part is that there is almost nothing to talk about from the trip.  We ate too much, drank a little too much, slept way too much and it was perfect.  I didn’t get out of bed Sunday until 11am, not because I was tired but just because I could stay in bed.  We walked around and shopped, ate some more food and I was back in bed at the hotel by 9:30.  Just so I don’t seem completely lame the night before we did go to a late dinner and stopped at a bar for a beer after dinner, so we were back at the hotel much later on Saturday.
The most amazing thing was that Joe and I didn’t not argue or bicker once.  For those of you that know us well, you know how unbelievable it is.  But it is true, mainly because there was nothing to argue about.  I even was ready to come home and see the little monsters today.

Of course all things must come to end, and by 3pm today we were home and arguing as we moved a heavy freakin washing machine all around the lower level.  So things are officially back to normal.
Hopefully we'll see you again soon Portland (oh and we didn't actually see the lighthouse this trip but we have seen it).




1 comment: