Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pony Rides!

Katie D.

As you know my children love our cat.  They can’t seem to get enough of her. That’s why when we attended a friends 3rd birthday party this weekend with a petting zoo and pony rides I knew they would have a great time.  I will admit I was a bit nervous with Lincoln’s tail pulling tendencies and Colby’s slow to warm to a crowd personality but they rose to the occasion.   I strategically put Linc in the cage with the chickens first because I figured they could move quickly away from the grabbing hands of him. He looked up at me shocked to find himself in a small cage with 5 chickens. They pecked at his feet as he poked and patted them back.  They turned out to be a great warm-up to the bunnies. Yup, 3 soft, cute, fuzzy bunnies.  Oh the delight my boys had in the bunny cage.  (Side note-Let this be a warning to anybody thinking this is a great idea for my boys; this house will never have bunnies as pets) Colby and Linc loved the bunnies, we spent quite a bit of time patting and patting and patting the bunnies.  Don’t worry we gave love to the ducks and the goat too!
We've cornered them!
Duck fun!










Being very gentle






After we gave the animals all our love and then a little bit more the pony came out to play.  I really had my doubts about Colby getting on the pony.  I knew that he would want to but I wondered if he had the courage to get on a take the stroll around the yard.  We waited in line and when we reached the front of the line I asked him if he was ready and he told me he wanted to stay in line a little bit longer. Soooo… we headed back to the end of the line and started to wait again!  This time when we got to the front Tom asked him if he was ready this time he said yes.  He had no reservations when we put him on and he had a smile the whole time. It was one of those mom moments when your joy overcomes you and your smile is larger than your child’s.  I couldn’t have been more proud. 


 






It was a wonderful party and we were so glad to celebrate a beautiful 3 year olds birthday with her. Thanks for having us and providing amazing animal fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment