Monday, April 30, 2012

Boil Over

Katie D.

Happiness comes in the small things. Life is full of challenges and being a stay at home mom provides no shortages of those.  That is why when I come across something to make my day a little better I feel the need to share it. I enjoy cooking and continue to refine my skills in the kitchen.  I frequently have my water boil over while I’m cooking usually because I’ve left the kitchen to break up a fight, help with a potty break, find a toy, kiss a boo boo…you get the picture. It always makes a mess and gives me one more thing to clean up. Then I read in Real Simple that if you lay a wooden spoon across the top of the pot water will not boil over.  Is this common knowledge? Am I late to the party? Either way I smile a little bit every time I pull out my wooden spoon. 



Follow us on our blog or like our Facebook page and you will be entered to win your own wooden spoon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...you can teach an old dog new tricks!!! I didn't know about this!

    ReplyDelete