Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ironing


Katie D.
My mother had told me she was shocked to hear that my cousin’s kids didn’t know what an iron was. To her, nothing is better than a pressed pair of pants and a crisp shirt.  Growing up the ironing board and iron were always set up and it was a daily part of our lives.  But much like my cousin, ironing is not something that happens on any regular basis in my house. (My sister Jeanne got that family gene.)  In fact, my ironing board is closed underneath my bed and Colby pulls it out from time to time to use it as a surfboard.  The last time I used it was to iron the dress I’m wearing in the header photo and the time before that was to press cloth napkins for dinner at Christmas.  My family doesn’t look sloppy or wrinkled; our wardrobe is mostly ready to wear items.  Tom’s work attire is casual and most of his shirts are the wrinkle resistant kind. I’m not opposed to ironing, I’ll iron things that need to be done but I like my ironing board where it belongs, under the bed!

1 comment:

  1. And thanks to you I have a wonderful new iron ( a Christmas gift). I love the way my pillow cases look and feel not to mention the way my new placemats lay so nice and flat. I could of course go on and on. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete