Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If You Think You Had A Bad Day

Katie R.

Today started out great.  Joe woke up and decided to take his comp day today (he worked the weekend so he gets one day off the following week).  The boys woke up in great moods and were playing.   Then the clock struck 8 am and so ended the good day. 

First Joe started working on our “project” downstairs which means we immediately got into a fight.  Wes decided to take a ½ hour nap so he was ridiculously cranky and then I was late picking Andrew up from school.  Those who know me know how much I hate being late.

We finally got the boys in their rooms for naps after both of them had meltdowns at lunch, and I was in a horrible mood.  At this point the house is trashed because we’re trying to clean and get all the laundry done before construction, Joe and I were fighting and Andrew was crying in his room.  I decided that I would run the errand that we had to do.

I get back and ask if the boys are sleeping to which Joe said that he hadn’t heard anything from them in awhile.  Then I hear something in Andrew’s room.  I go in and he is sitting on the floor and says “Mommy I had an accident”.  I assume he’s talking about peeing but then I look up on the dresser and see this:



Yep, pretty much anything he could find in his room he put in his fish bowl, including the entire container of fish food.  Unbelievable.  Luckily the fish found refuge under the ribbon that ties the curtains back and we quickly cleaned out the bowl and the fish is fine. 

The day pretty much continued on this same way but I’m too tired and grumpy to write about the rest.  The good news is it is 7:15 and they are both fast asleep.  And even though I feel like I had a bad day I would say Stripe the fish had it much worse.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no...I hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripe the fish is bionic. You should take him on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously I think we should do a case study on that fish!

      Delete
  3. LMAO!!! Katie I'm sorry you had such a bad day and hope that tomorrow is MUCH better....however at least your awful day made for a fantastic story! It took me a sec to realize there was a fish in the fishbowl....and I busted out laughing! Mike says...its about impossible to kill a goldfish! Kristina Brammer :)

    ReplyDelete