Wednesday, April 25, 2012

They Can Be Cute

Katie R.

Because Wes has been cranky all morning and Andrew is in his room screaming when he's supposed to be taking a nap, I thought maybe I should sit here and think about some of the things they have done to make me smile.

A few weeks ago Andrew and I had a movie night because Joe went out with Katie's husband for some beer thing.  I told Andrew we could watch Cars and at the end we were dancing.  This conversation took place:
     Me:  Andrew some day you'll grow big and go to a dance with a girl
     Andrew:  Will we dance like this?
     Me:  Yes.
     Andrew:  Will we hold hands?
     Me:  Maybe.
     Andrew:  Will you come with me mommy?
     Me:  Of course I will.

Then a few days later he rediscovered the book Guess How Much I Love You.  We read it every night and of course we have "made it our own" by changing the words.  Now when I turn out the light and say it's time to sleep he says "Mommy I love you to the moon and back and down the silly little lane". 

Of course Wes isn't declaring his love now but he did get his head stuck in the basket last night and that made me smile.




1 comment: