Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To-Do List

Katie D.

We’ve been in our house since mid-November and its really starting to feel like a home. I knew when we bought a house the to-do list would always be long and whenever we crossed something off the list a few more things would be added to the end of it. Tom and I had discussed bringing our contractor back over for an estimate on our next project but we realized we never finished our last project we had done with him.  We refinished the guest bathroom and had yet to sand, paint and put up new fixtures in it and because it was next to the laundry room we needed to do the same for that room (obviously).  When I get determined I get moving.  Over the last week I neglected the dusting, vacuuming, laundry and general housework and dragged the boys the Home Depot several times (thank God for those race car shopping carts).  During nap time and after the boys had gone to sleep I sanded, taped and painted the ceilings. Over the weekend Tom watched the boys and I finished up the job. I’m very satisfied with the result and finally feel that part of the house is part of the home.  However, my apologies go out to my father-in-law who came to visit this weekend and his cat allergy got the best of him because of my total lack of housekeeping! Remember, it was for the good of the home!

No comments:

Post a Comment