Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Moody Mom

Katie D.

I can’t complain. I think I got too much sleep last night.  I have friends that would use a few choice words if they heard me utter that as a complaint.  My problem is that it made me sluggish, moody and unmotivated today.

Luckily, Colby and Lincoln woke up in great moods.  I could hear Colby signing Twinkle, Twinkle in his room before I got him. I sucked down a couple cups of coffee and we played hard all morning long until we had to run errands. Not just any errands, the dump. Fantastic! We had procrastinated on going for too long so the trash and recycling had piled up into the laundry room. I sorted the recycling into bags and got the trash, the stank-ass diaper loaded trash, in the back of the big tan van.   My adventures in the big tan van are usually fantastic but this one is more of a race to unload. The boys love the dump and all the trucks they have to offer and don’t mind the smell. The workers are friendly and polite and I try not to be a curmudgeon with them.  

 We finish up our errands in the upper valley and head home.  My spirit still sucks through lunch and naptime.  I reward myself with the Girl Scout cookies that arrived this week.  Lincoln is the first to wake.  He’s so damn smiley when he wakes up he starts to break through my dreadful mood. I lay down on the living room floor with him.  I become the jungle gym he loves so much.  He circles around me over and over and over again. He squeals with delight and thinks this is the greatest thing in the world. He then jumps on my stomach, nuzzles his head into my neck and starts blowing raspberries. Shit, how can I be in a bad mood with raspberries being blown in my neck from a 1 year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment