Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Dining Room, My Life

Katie R.

The other day I decided to put up some of our spring decorations.  I still have more to put up (aka find) but for now the few we have look cute.  During my daily naptime routine of cleaning up the lunch dishes, I realized my son had helped me decorate (see below).  I laughed and started thinking that the dining room kind of represents my life as a housewife and mom.
From far away it looks nice. The decorations are cheerful and it appears clean.  The table and light are new and fairly trendy and it is the perfect size for our family.

Then you look up close and it shows how half-assed my housekeeping skills are. The bucket is filled with cars and trucks and I’m not even sure when my son put those in there. The rattle has been there at least a week and I have no idea where the star magnet came from. The LL Bean bag is covering my husband’s homebrew, which I really wish would find a new home.  Finally the blue chair in the corner was from a party last week and I’ve asked my husband to take it downstairs at least 15 times.

 

 
I keep saying when the baby gets older I'll get them on a schedule and I will be able to keep a much better house, always have the laundry caught up and make dinner every evening.  We'll see, We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment