Saturday, March 10, 2012

On second thought...

Katie D.

I’d like to think I’m pretty scrappy.  I think I’d do alright in a fight. Yeah, I’m probably a hair puller, eye gouger but I think I’d win.  However, when faced with the question at lunch today if I’d rather be in a fight with an animal or another person I instantly picked an animal.  Tom, shocked by my response, asked why.  My response had me reasoning that I’m smarter than an animal and I could use my superior intelligence against a lesser opponent.  It made complete sense to me.  All others at the table, including Katie R., thought my choice was ridiculous and thought I didn’t have a chance against a bear.  A bear, probably not, but a coyote definitely! 
So I’ve had some time to think about it and I have come to a new conclusion. What was I freaking thinking? Yeah….sure I could outrun a wolf, zig-zag away from a crocodile and speak to the bees that I wasn’t trying to harm them.  While I’m at it why don’t I climb a mountain and swim the ocean. I’ll take my chances with another person.
Which would you pick?

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely take an animal, like a squirrel or a bunny. Nothing larger than a playtpus or anything with claws, or anything that flies or doens't have legs.

    ReplyDelete