Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Snapshot

Katie D.

Remember when you dropped film off at the store to have it developed.  I always did a quick scan through all of them as soon as I picked them up hoping for a frame-worthy one.  I’d leave the candid ones out on the desk or throw them in a drawer to be looked at again later.  Months later you come across them and laugh at the goofy faces, bad focus and random people in the shot.  Nowadays they just stay on your computer never to be looked at again if they weren’t deleted before that directly off the camera.

That’s why when I came across this photo I was so surprised....


1.      I don’t know why it was ever printed off

2.      Its randomness is fabulous

3.      I’m epically pregnant

4.      It doesn’t exist on my computer anymore due to a laptop crash so I had to scan it back in

Clearly Colby has just woken up from a nap, having his milk and rocking some bed head.  I must have been taking advantage of the snuggle time while he shook off the sleepiness.  He’s wearing a thanksgiving day t-shirt which means I must be about 8 ½ months pregnant (thank God, because I look huge).  The picture seems forever ago…a world that was wonderful and about to get so much better. 

It was so nice to come across the photo; a snapshot of a little moment that I was able to treasure all over again.

3 comments:

  1. I love that shot. Your smile is great and his bed head is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, my smile is big like my belly! It seems like yesterday!

      Delete