Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pool Party

Katie R.

So Andrew was invited tomorrow to a classmate’s birthday party.  Now for most people this would simply mean going on Friday night to a party but for this household it’s of course a freakin’ ordeal.  Here’s why:

The party is an indoor “pool party” which Andrew is going to love, and we (Katie D. is also going) are pretty sure we’ll have to get in the water.  I have known about it since last week but of course today I decide to look for the swimsuits.  I find Andrew’s suit no problem, but the only one I can find of mine is my maternity swimsuit.  This was last worn when I was 8 months pregnant and it is pretty much the size of a tent so I can’t possibly wear it.

I tore through all the Rubbermaid tubs downstairs looking for the swimsuits.  I know for a fact I have 4 swimsuits that should fit and I can’t find a single one.  So now I’m irritated that I will have to go out and buy a swimsuit primarily because I’ll have to try on said swimsuits. 

Wes was very tired and went to bed at 6:30 (which means he will probably be awake at 5am. Awesome.)   After giving Andrew a kiss, I headed to TJ Maxx with the same level of excitement I have when going to the dentist or the gynecologist.  I found some swimsuits to try on and grudgingly made my way to the dressing room.  It was then I looked in the mirror and saw that my sweatshirt was filthy.  It was covered with squash baby food and pancake batter (yep, my kid had eggs and pancakes for dinner because we had no other options).  It was past the point of trying to wipe off so I tried on the swimsuits, realized I need to lose a lot more weight, grabbed the suit that was the least offensive and held the suit in front of my sweatshirt as I headed to the cashier. 

I then came home grumpy and $30 poorer and the worst part is I’m pretty sure the suit I bought is identical to one that I already have.  Oh, and now I have to go shave my legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment