Monday, September 3, 2012

Tea Set

Katie D.

I am a mom to boys. We play in the dirt, we crash cars, and we destroy things in our path! I was meant to have boys because I love everything about it! This is not to say I don’t want to foster a sweet side to my boys they just gravitate to fire trucks, worms and mud on their own.

Some time ago Katie R. came home with a tea party set to the laughter of some of her family but Andrew enjoyed it.  Before the most recent incident with the fish, Andrew and Colby were having a tea party and having a blast. I always kept in the back of my mind that I would like to get a set for the boys.

As you can imagine most sets in stores are pink or purple, with a variety of princesses on them. Sorry, I’m just not going to pay a lot of money for one of those sets.  Fortunately for me we went to a town yard sale today and had great luck.  For a bargain price I picked up, from a lovely old lady, a Thomas the train puzzle and a tea set (yes pink) for $1! Yeah, I know, I was pleased too.  But my joy from this purchase doubled when we got home and the boys proceeded to play with it all day, after naps and right before bed.  Lincoln and Colby took turns filling the cups, adding sugar and toasting to world peace.  It was hilarious.


 

So, cheers to boys that love dirt, trucks, and world peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment