Sunday, September 16, 2012

Screw it let's go to Dunkin' Donuts


It was Thursday which is a non-school day here and it was beautiful cool morning when I went outside to take out the trash. I came back inside and asked Andrew what he wanted to do for the day.  Because we both have the attention spans of gnats the conversation lasted 30 seconds and we both went on with what we were doing.  He went to play with his remote control car and I burst out without thinking “Let’s take the remote control car to the playground and you can drive it on the basketball court”.  Then I realized I would have to pack lunches, get Wes dressed and get ready but what the hell I was already dressed and I love the fall weather.
Of course we had to get said remote car ready as well. The remote control car, purchased by my parents for Christmas last year, usually hangs out downstairs because the Lightening McQueen car and I are on a break.   Why?  Because Lightening McQueen causes the boys to “fight”.  Andrew tries to drive it and Wes chases it around like a puppy.  Wes eventually catches it and Andrew screams, throws fits, etc.  Then when I finally get them distracted, I forget to turn the car off and Lightening says “Hey are you still there”.  How awesome is that?

So anyway we get everything ready and head out the door.  We get to the basketball courts and the first thing I realize is it’s hot.  Of course we’re all over dressed and now I’m sweating.  The kids don’t have sunglasses, hats, etc but hey it’s September so they’re fine right?  We haul all of our stuff out of the car, onto the stroller and make it over to the courts.  We get all set up and what happens next?  The car won’t work.  I turn the remote on and off, the car on and off, give  them both a good whack and… nothing.  Andrew actually handles it ok and I say let’s just have our lunch.  Then of course Andrew’s not hungry, Wes won’t sit and eat, and I’m hot so I say forget let’s go home.
We go to pull out of the playground parking lot and Andrew says “Let’s go to Dunkin Donuts”.  This is why I think my son is gifted because I think this idea is brilliant.  So I pick up some pumpkin k-cups for myself and get some munchkins for Andrew.  We then go home and they eat munchkins, cheese sticks and Angry Birds Cheez-its and of course I have a pumpkin iced coffee.  All was right in the world again.

Cheese sticks, Angey Bird Cheez-Its and juice boxes.  Life is good.
Oh and of course the car worked fine when we got home.  I think McQueen and I are going to be on a break again.

No comments:

Post a Comment