Monday, September 17, 2012

And the Winner Is....


Katie D.
This past Saturday Tom and I got the chance to spend some time with some old friends and partake in a competition we look forward to every year.  Tom gets a chance to submit a homebrew and compete with a bunch of our friends. The last 4 years we have placed second with hopes that someday we would clinch the top spot. We took a big risk this year and made a coconut stout.  Tom brewed, and we tasted it for the first time the night before the competition.  My nerves quickly gave way to excitement; it wasn’t just good it was fabulous and we had a chance of winning. Fast forward to the next day and Tom was drinking his beer out of a trophy. 

Where were the children? Another first, they did not attend the brew- off this year.  I had either been pregnant and/or had a child with me for all of the past competitions! They were having a blast with grandparents.  I think both Tom and I and the grandparents think they had a better time.

 

The trophy looks good on the mantle, doesn’t it?
 
 

Enough about Tom and I; Colby is child of the week at school this week and it's the cutest thing in the world! More to come on that later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment