Thursday, June 27, 2013

No More Compliments

Katie R.

So a few family members mentioned that my kids can't be that bad, although that is usually within the first few minutes of meeting my kids when they are being "shy".  I also don't mind being truthful about my kids negatives (and positives when they arise) because let's be honest as parents we want to know that our kids aren't the only ones throwing tantrums, pouting and basically being completely irrational and ridiculous. 

So this past week has been pretty ok.  Wes is getting a little (meaning I don't have to have him tethered to a pole) more independent and Andrew has been pretty chill.

What is my mistake?  I actually told Katie D. and another friend tonight that he's been doing well and this had been a good week.  So what happens a mere 5 minutes later?  I am such a terrible mother that I asked him to go potty before we left for a picnic. A tantrum would have actually been preferred to the response of yelling "NO I AM NOT GOING POTTY".  I knew he had to go potty and so after scolding, threatening and talking through clenched teeth he went potty.  The rest of the night was not terrible but far from awesome. 

I know he's 4 and these behaviors are normal; however, it will teach me to brag about my kid.  And by brag I mean saying "he has been ok this week". 


The many emotions of Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment