Sunday, June 30, 2013

Biggest Parenting Fail To Date

Katie R.

Warning:  This will make you cringe, especially any gentlemen who may be reading this.

Approximately one week ago my Aunt and Uncle graciously let us spend the night at their home on our return trip.  They have an awesome pool and recently added a beautiful pool house (you will understand why I added this later).

Things were going great.  The kids were playing and Wes only came close to drowning a few times.  I stepped out to go to the bathroom and Andrew decided he had to go too and I was thinking great at least he didn't pee in the pool. We go into the pool house and I was distracted by something, I can't remember what, but Andrew decided he really had to go pee and I quickly lift the seat. 

So... apparently I did not lift the seat all the way up and it came crashing back down.  Unfortunately Andrew was already going potty so without going into too much detail the toilet seat connected and the scream that came next was unlike anything I have never heard.  He screamed and screamed and screamed and the only thing I could think to do was rush him back into the pool so I scooped him up and had him sit on the steps in the cool water.

Finally he stopped screaming and we were able to assess the damage.  Again, don't need to go into too many details but he was bruised in a place that no male should ever have a bruise.  Luckily he bounced back quickly and after a week the bruise is gone.  The only semi-permanent damage seems to be that before he goes into any bathroom he asks "I don't have to put the lid up do I?"
To which I immediately answer "Nope buddy you don't." 

Yep... another fine parenting moment by me.



No comments:

Post a Comment