Monday, June 24, 2013

Are We There Yet? I'm Not!

When Colby turned 2 I was excited about potty training.  We got him a kick ass potty, tons of cool underwear and we were ready to go. Imagining a world free of diapers for one kid sounded fabulous and exciting. We may have thought we were ready but we weren't.  Yes, I knew that boys usually potty train later then girls, but Colby and I were having conversations about pooping and peeing so I knew it had to happen sooner than later.  Well, it took later. Flash back to this post: Poop Blog!  The allure of a diaper free world quickly showed it's under belly of accidents, mad rushes to a bathroom, screaming kid not wanting to go in a public bathroom and poop in underwear that you attempt to clean because it's your kids favorite pair.  Ugh, I don't wish potty training on my worst enemy. Fast forward 2 years to today and I'm faced with it again.  I get the question from people "Is Lincoln showing signs of being ready for potty training?". Good lord, he may be ready...okay, he's ready but it's me that isn't.  I'm not ready to deal with the headache and accidents again.  It's stressful and time consuming and it's summer so I'm pulling rank and waiting.


And then I pull out the kid potty today to dust it off and clean it up so when "I'm" ready it will be good to go. And then Lincoln sees it and insists on sitting on it immediately (and in the kitchen). He hung out there for a bit but no action happened.  Yeah, I get it..he's ready! I've decided to leave the potty out (not in the kitchen anymore) and plan to offer it as an option to him but I'm not going to do any pushing of it until after my vacation in July. This mom needs to get her chill on before going down this road of parenthood again!

No comments:

Post a Comment