Friday, November 30, 2012

Say Cheese...


Katie D.
It’s that time of year again, Christmas card time!  Ever since the year Tom and I got married I’ve done picture cards. In the days before kids it was easy to get a good photo of Tom and me; if we didn’t have one we set up the timer on the camera and got what we needed in a couple of takes.  Well, as you can imagine, with kids it becomes of bit of an ordeal!  Last year’s card had an assortment of photos of the 4 of us so there was at least a good photo of each of us but this year I was really hoping for one shot that had us all looking AND smiling at the camera!  

Why use a timer and not have someone take our photo you ask? I think the challenge of it makes it fun and crazy all at the same time.  And on top of trying to get that one great shot my husband, for the sake of prostate cancer awareness, has grown a mustache this month.  Most men can’t pull a mustache off and Tom is no exception but in support of Movember I can tolerate it for a month.  The stache will be the pink elephant in the room on the Christmas card and it will be fun to see if anyone actually mentions it!

It wouldn’t be fun to show off the one that made the card but I figure I can entertain you with the outtakes!

So Tom is a little too excited in this one....


Lincoln turned the timer off and captured this gem


I was practicing with the timer with the boys; notice my death grip on them to get them in the shot!




 
 
And then we turned the cartoons off...
 





This is Tom telling Colby just one more photo!

We got the photo we needed and I put the cards in the mail today! Check that off my to do list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment