Thursday, November 8, 2012

See I can be positive (Joe you better read this)...

Katie R.

So my husband told me that I was going to give my kids a complex because I never write anything positive about them.  I then informed him that they can’t read but did promise I would write something positive every now and again. 

I have been waiting for a time when we had a good moment to write about and last night was pretty sweet so Joe if you are reading this, which I know you won’t, please note how positive I’m being about our kids. 
Tuesday night I was at our monthly girl’s night out and Joe put the kids to bed which included bath and books.  He said that the boys cleaned up and went to bed wonderfully which was good, unusual, but good. 

So last night I put Wes to bed and was going to grab a shower.  I was in the bathroom and I heard Joe say “Mommy will come in and you can show her after she gets out of the shower.”  I curse under my breath, throw a towel around me and go into his room.  The last thing I want to have to do is go in once he is in bed because then he’ll want 8 million things.
I walk in and he is standing with his Make Way for Duckling book, which is a book about Boston.  He is saying “I don’t know what pages it’s on.”  He keeps looking, and looking, and looking and finally I ask him what he is looking for.  He responsed that he’s looking for “the place that Daddy married you.”

I then realized Joe must have told Andrew the night before that he proposed to me in the Boston Public Garden, which is in the book.  We then looked together until we found “the tree.”   I then asked him if he knew what Daddy gave me when he proposed and he looked at me and thought for a minute and said “A glass slipper?”


Ok that was pretty cute. And pretty sure a glass slipper would have made one hell of a proposal.  I showed him the ring daddy really gave me and he was less than impressed. 

Here are some more “positive” moments
Snuggling Wes

Sharing his pirate hat with Cheer Bear

Playing on the Green in Hanover

Halloween as a Care Bear
So as you can see we do have moments but don't get used to it, today Andrew threw a fit under the ottoman for 30 mintues and Wes screamed so loud in KMart that someone came to see if he was ok.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment