Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christ at Christmas


Katie D.
It’s been sometime since Colby dropped his first curse word.Click to Remember Colby has come to realize that we (including Tom and I) don’t say that word (at least not in front of him anymore). It’s not a nice word; we have better words to use to express ourselves and it hurts people’s feelings.  And then the Christmas season kicks in and throws the whole Jesus Christ curse word all to hell. I love Christmas, Christmas carols and everything to do with the holiday season.  We have already been listening to Christmas music on our cable music channel.  I’m willing to bet I could out sing most people when it comes to Christmas music.  So while we are having our dance party and singing along and the song says, “Our Jesus Christ is born!” it throws things a little out of whack!  Suffice to say I’ve told Colby that under special circumstances that word can be used but only while singing a song about Christmastime! Yeah, I agree, Colby will be swearing like a sailor through Christmas but it’s my favorite holiday so he gets a pass.

Just a selection of holiday songs that will screw me all season long!

Silent Night- Jesus, Lord, at thy birth…

Away in a Manger- The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay…

The Holly and the Ivy- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ…

No comments:

Post a Comment