Monday, November 26, 2012

Felt Christmas Tree

Katie D.

Alright pinterest, I’ll give you credit this time.  I usually consider Pinterest a huge waste of my time and yet highly addictive.  I pin away and yet do none of the crafts, cook none of the foods and not buy any of the must have items that I have pinned!

Christmas time is my favorite time of year and I wanted to do something fun for the boys so I revisited my boards and found this easy activity-The Felt Christmas Tree! It is an easy project for me to put together and has already but tons of fun for Colby and Lincoln. 
Here are my props to the pin http://www.solandrachel.com/2011/12/pinterest-christmas.html I don't know this person but she did a nice job with explaining this and other holiday projects!

The trick to the felt Christmas tree is that felt sticks to felt! Visit your local Jo Ann Fabric store and stock up on your colors; at least 1 ½ yards of green for your tree.  I made patterns of ornaments on paper before I started cutting because I suck at freehand cutting!  I used my glue gun to attach the trunk and star to the tree and then used it again to put the details on the presents under the tree. Let's be honest, you could just use regular glue but a glue gun is just way cooler to use!
 
I hung the tree up in the hallway with pushpins and put the decorations in a gift box for keeping while not on the tree and waited until morning. It took Colby 2 seconds to see it once he came out of his room and Lincoln was quick to follow!  They played with it all morning and it was the last thing they played with before bed.  It's great to have in the hallway so they stay focused with no other toys or TV distracting them while the decorate the tree over and over again. 
 
 
the long skinny hallway makes for side angled photos
 
Well done Pinterest; thanks for adding to my Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

  1. yay! This is one of the activities the elf will be bringing this year :D So excited for the good reviews from two lovely little boys!!

    ReplyDelete