Monday, August 27, 2012

Another First


Katie D.
Every child has a number of firsts they have; first steps, first words, first tooth and the list goes on.  And then the first that you are not proud of but happens and all you can do is laugh; yes I’m talking about the first curse word. Read no further if you are easily offended!

Let me set the scene for you:

Colby and I are discussing Halloween; costumes, candy and the celebration.  We talk about trick-o-treating and his favorite part, ringing doorbells.  We get into the big tan van to go grocery shopping. As we drive Colby starts pointing out all the houses with doorbells. 

“There’s a doorbell, there’s a doorbell, there’s a doorbell, there’s a doorbell”……..on and on until…

“Jesus Christ! That’s a lot of doorbells!”

I’m dumbfounded and hold back my laughter and don’t say anything.  With no reaction Colby moves the conversation along about his Halloween costume.

So it’s not a proud moment but a funny as hell one.  Where did he hear it from? I’m not sure but Tom and I clearly need to be a little bit more careful.  I’ll always remember this first!

No comments:

Post a Comment