Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Picking

Katie D.

So I've already made it clear that I love fall! Besides sweaters, boots, fall foliage and pumpkins the heart of fall is apple picking.  Really it's apple picking with good friends year after year.  I have made some fabulous friends here in the Upper Valley and we have made the effort to have our families get together at a local orchard pick a few apples then spend the rest of the day relaxing, eating and enjoying each others company.  It's amazing to look back at past years to see the growth of the boys; it's a great ruler to measure them up to every year!


This was the first year we went; Colby was around 8 months old. It's amazing to think he was ever small enough to fit on my back! I remember the year I was very pregnant with Lincoln, I was huge and it was very chilly but we all went out for pizza after and let our kids run around and get crazy in the restaurant.


 This year Colby, Lincoln and some of their closest pals were able to cut loose and run around the orchard.  Tom and I invited the group back to our house after apple picking. The kids continued to run around while the adults got to relax, enjoy something off the tap and smell the pie in the oven.


Most of the kids had stayed up well past their naps and started to melt down so by the time the pie came out of the oven everyone was gone. As good as it made the house smell it was just as delicious to eat.  Maybe next year I will get my act together to get it in the oven sooner so I can share it....or....on second thought maybe not!
Linc catching a ride on Tom


self portrait of Colby and I on the tractor ride
  


I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment