Friday, October 5, 2012

Our No Waitress Policy

Katie R.

Those who spend time with me have heard of my No Waitress Policy.  What this means is that I refuse to take my family to a restaurant that has waiters or waitresses.  You may think I’m  crazy or consider this a bit extreme… well let yesterday’s experience proves why we will continue to have a No Waitress Policy.

We picked my in-laws up from the airport which means we spent over an hour driving to airport, an hour in the mall, an hour in the airport and drove another hour before stopping for dinner.   

We stopped at one of our favorite restaurants and assumed that it would be pretty empty as it was early; however, we seemed to forget it was leaf peeper season so of course it was crowded.  My gut said run like the wind and order pizza but everyone else said “it’s not that crowded” so into the parking lot we go.

Poor little Wes had a belly ache so I waited in the van with him for a few seconds to see if he could work it out plus it gave Joe a chance to get seated with the crew.  We finally make it in, with Wes still not 100%, and sit down.  That lasts about 5 minutes, enough to get a beer ordered, and Wes is super antsy.  I decide to take him outside to let him run around because he had been forced to sit for so long.  We run around for awhile and I go back inside. I sit down and Wes is cool for another 5 mintues before banging on the table so loud everyone looks at us.  My father-in-law graciously takes him outside so I can enjoy my beer and watch Andrew play the iPad. 

Amazing our food arrives quickly.  Both boys are eating and everything seems ok. Then Wes pushes his feet against the table and nearly tips over his highchair.  I move him close to me and am feeding him when I hear a crash beside me and I'm not even sure what happns next but in seconds I am COVERED in salsa.  By covered I mean it’s on my jeans (1 of 2 pair of jeans I own and of course the more expensive of the 2), my shirt, my face, my hair and Andrew’s shirt. 

At this point I’m done.  I take Andrew to get cleaned up, everyone has finished, Wes is crying about his stomach and we still had a ½ hour to drive.  So for the next ½ hour Wes fussed and I smelled like freakin' salsa.

No Waitress Policy is back in full effect.  It may be years before we try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment