Friday, October 19, 2012

Birthdays, Visitors, Overnights and Near Concussions

Suprise, suprise we still don't have a computer in this house.  Why you may ask?  Well as shocking as it may be my husband has not even ordered the parts to the computer that he "is sure he can fix".  I'm "borrowing" one now and I will be $100 I will be emailing from a new computer by November 1st!

So what have we been up to this October.  Well just your basic 1st birthday, family visiting, snotty noses, over night shifts and near concussions.



Guess who is 1?  Yep this guy.  We are so fortunate to have family members who are willing to fly from Ohio/Indiana for the kids' birthdays.  This time my parents stayed for about a week, then we had Wesley's party with his friends and then Joe's family came to visit.  It was a great time, although we had to have a week of grandparent detox, but the kids had so much fun.

Most mom's would probably blog about how fast the year has gone and how sad they are about their baby growing up.  Well of course he was an adorable baby and was pretty amazing to be around; but really who wants to read all that gush.  And also I can't remember a time that I wasn't chasing that kid around.  He's been walking for months and now can run. 

So a child that can run like a 2 year old but has the mind of a 1 year old is a recipe for disaster.  Which nearly happened last week when he fell off of the box he was standing on and hit his head so hard it instantly turned black and blue and swelled to the size of a baseball.  I had to wake up Joe (who was working nights and sleeping) to see if I should take him to the hospital.  As you can imagine it was not the easiest to hold him down to put ice on his head but eventually the swelling went down and he no longer looks like a unicorn.

Other than that Joe worked overnights which throws our schedule off a bit (and makes him really cranky) and we're finally getting back into the swing of things. 

Hopefully I'll be able to use this computer this week and update the other few posts I've started but haven't finished...kind of like the renovations on our house but that is for another day!  Have to get some sleep for the big pumpkin festival tomorrow which Katie D and I (plus another good friend) will be attending with our families.  Pictures and stories to follow I'm sure.

Here are some photos of Wesley's birthday party









No comments:

Post a Comment