Monday, January 20, 2014

Worth The Mess

Being a stay-at-home mom gives you many perks. One of them is meeting some amazing moms.  Through Colby and Lincoln's school I have met some amazing women that I enjoy spending time with.  The problem is that we don't often get to catch up or socialize because we are too busy at school drop-off and pick-up trying to get our kids dresses/undressed, locating shoes and taking boots, coats, hats, and mittens off.  Well today we had a chance to catch up, with a holiday and the looming thought of having the kids all day itching to do something I invited some classmates and moms from this year and last years class over for a play date.  We let the kids loose and the moms had a really nice time chatting and catching up.

One room of the destruction/fun


1.5 hours later and it's all cleaned up




Another room of destruction/play
 
I located the floor again
 
The mess was just a sign of how much fun my boys had.  They were both overjoyed to play and to show off their toys.  And I was happy to let them play while I got to visit! Great day.....let's not go too long before we do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment