Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Sweet, Soft Lunch

The last time we visited my parents in Maine Colby came across a music box and wanted to know all about it.  Colby loves to figure out how things work and wants to know what all the moving parts do. Even though it was fragile he would carry it around and show everyone how it works.  To be honest,  I didn't think twice about it.  That is until the other day while I was making lunch and Colby appeared with one of my music/jewelry boxes and was overjoyed that I had some too.  Mine, however, was filled with my jewelry and he was traipsing all around with it.  Once I settled him and his brother at lunch I opened the box up and pointed out the gears on it and wound it up for them to listen to.


They just sat there and listened and watched as the gears moved and the music played.  It was the most quiet lunch ever. Once one finished I would go and switch it out with another.  I also enjoyed the sweet soft songs and the memories they brought.  I shouldn't be surprised that it's the little things that make us all happy, but I always am.

No comments:

Post a Comment