Sunday, March 10, 2013

This Apple Falls Far from the Tree

My parents, especially my dad, are very clean and organized.  I don't just mean their house is tidy I mean at any given moment you can walk into their house and every surface is clean, the bathrooms are spotless and the floor is swept. 

Now I wish I could go on to say that it is because they don't have any little kids running around that their house so it is easy to keep it clean; however, it was just as clean when I was growing up.  As a parent of small children I can honestly say I have no idea how they did it.

So unfortunately the saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", doesn't apply in this case, this apple landed in a completely different orchard.  It doesn't mean I don't want to be clean, I'm not just being defiant, I just find it builds up and then you open the junk drawer which looks like this:

 
And you empty the contents which consist of this:




I mean really that is ridiculous.  It too me an hour to clean out one drawer and if I'm completely honest there is still a pile of office materials in the office.  Normally I blame the kids on the mess but this is pretty much all me.  I just sweep whatever is on the counter in there when I clean the kitchen counter or someone comes over. 

So it was done on Thursday and right now perfectly organized.  I give it 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment