Thursday, March 21, 2013

Puzzle Races

One of my favorite memories as a child was having puzzle races with my sisters.  Emily and Jeanne would each have one of the 100 piece smurf puzzles and because I was younger had the 65 piece Garfield puzzle.  We had all memorized those puzzles so well I bet we could have done them in the dark from muscle memory. 
That is why I get so excited when my boys finally gravitate to puzzles.  We have some floor puzzles that have been fun for the boys but it seems lately that the smaller ones where we all can look over the table at it and help out seem to be the most engaging for them.  It's not a competition yet between the boys but if they have any of the competitive juices in them like my sisters and I had against each other it won't be long!

Working Together

You can see the 2 puzzles already completed on the table
It occupies so much of their time.  I can take them apart as soon as they are finished and they will start all over again! I haven't even bothered putting them away at night so when they come out of there rooms in the morning they go right back to them.  It allows me to enjoy my morning coffee without any interruptions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment