Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oatmeal Lumps & Clumps

Katie D.

Now that I have two boys that feed themselves every meal can become an adventure.  To help with my sanity I try to find ways to keep the meals as easy as possible. That is when I came up with the oatmeal clump and lump. Lincoln always fought me when I fed him oatmeal even though he loved it and giving him a bowl to eat with his hands and spoon made a sloppy mess.  I decided to see if I could make it easier on both of us.  For one packet of oatmeal I added just a little bit of water and microwaved it for one minute.  The consistency was thick and sticky. Perfect to spoon clumps and lumps onto a plate easy for the picking! It makes a minimal mess and both Colby and Lincoln can eat it with no complaints and at their own pace. I’ve also found it’s a great travel food when served this way because you can always throw a packet of oatmeal into any bag and not stress about the mess it might make. 
Also note the paper plate for a quick cleanup too. Life moves too fast to be slowed down at breakfast time!

No comments:

Post a Comment