Monday, June 4, 2012

Never Again on a Saturday!

Katie D.

Welcome to the freak show that is also called the grocery store.  I usually go on a weekday morning when the number of customers rivals the number of employees stocking the shelves.  This week I just couldn’t make it until Saturday.  And on this particular Saturday it was raining… no pouring out.  It doesn’t make for ideal conditions but let me be the first to inform you if you don’t already know is that people don’t melt in water.  There is no need to scream, curse and run like a maniac in it, you will dry off while you grocery shop or in your car on the way home.  Once inside the grocery store the freak show continued.  I like to think I’m a friendly, polite person. I say excuse me if I need to walk in front of someone who is looking for something on a shelf.  I keep my cart to the side of the isle if I leave it to grab something.  I understand that on a Saturday things might seem a bit crazy but to be downright rude is just pathetic. The death stare was nice when I pushed a cart out of the way so that the flow of carts didn’t back up.  I also enjoyed the refusal to move a little so I could open the door to grab a bag of frozen peas! And don't get me going on the check out line. Acting like a pain in the ass does not make the shopping go faster. In fact, I will go slow and kill you with kindness.  But mostly I’ll avoid the grocery store on Saturdays!

1 comment:

  1. My new favorite time to grocery shop is sunday evenings, after i put nia to bed. No rude people, no child with me, and the pantry stocked for the week! Xo

    ReplyDelete