Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Bouncy House

Today we had a birthday party to attend.  The boys and I always love a good party and a reason to celebrate.  Unfortunately I had one minor detail I had to get over.  The party was hosted at a local community center that has a bouncy house set up in it with foam pads and blocks to play with.  It's a lovely facility that many friends visit during the week to let their children run some energy off and visit with other moms.  I always find an excuse not to go.  I'm not really a germaphob but I always get weirded out when I go and think my kids will get sick.  It's wintertime and everyone and their brother has been sick so my mind goes into overdrive thinking my kids will get some superbug (we have all gotten our flu shot so I know it won't be that). Colby and Lincoln were very excited to go so I held back my fear and off we went.  It was wonderful celebration for two amazing kids!  Both boys, who in the past had been very hesitant to go in the bouncy house, hopped right in and jumped the day away. We sang happy birthday, enjoyed cupcakes and caught up with old friends.  Colby even told me that he wanted his next birthday party at this location (not going to happen).  It really is a nice facility to host an event in and I'm glad we went but only time will tell if my worst fears come true.  In the meantime we will enjoy the goodie bags that came home with us!

stamps on our noses and Lincoln is rocking
cupcake on his face still

play-doh rocks too!

And at the end of the day, the boys played and bounced so hard that it didn't matter that we turned the clocks ahead! They went to bed like champs at 7 like they always do! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie - it was great to reconnect today! My kids went down easy tonight too. Maybe it was all those bouncy house germs that knocked them out. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete