Thursday, March 20, 2014

Where In The World Is...

Books, you can never go wrong with books.  Colby and Lincoln love them and we can read for ever (or for what seems like forever).  Thursdays are long days, both boys have school and the list of things to get done before the weekend is never short.  When we get home from picking Colby up from school its really easy for me to go to the remote and put something on for the boys.  (Our new favorite is Paw Patrol thanks to Katie R.) But today, I had some NCAA basketball on and refused to change the channel (*no I don't follow basketball except for during March Madness) so I sent Colby to find some books to read. To my luck and amazement he hit the jackpot for us.  He pulled out some old gems that kept him busy and didn't require too much from me.



Oh yeah, Where's Waldo baby!!!! At the ripe old age of 5 Colby is a great age to get wrapped up in these books and devour the pages in search of the man with the stripped red shirt! He would call out to me if he got stuck and I would narrow down the search for him but he did amazing!


I was amazed at his intensity and he could find Waldo before I could on some of the pages.  I was able to get dinner started, made some dips for tomorrow and watch lots of college basketball (I'm currently tied for the lead in my pool and yes I know it's early and I will lose in the end).


So here's my unsolicited advice-if you have kids around the age of 5 go get yourself a few of these books.  They are not just about finding Waldo, the pages are vivid stories that tell of adventures and discovers. I'm thinking they will be perfect for car rides too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment