Monday, March 24, 2014

Who Doesn't Want to be a Veterinarian at some point in their life?

I remember vividly going through the phase when I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up.  We always had cats growing up and loved all sorts of animals.  My parents often recall a story of when I was very young and visited the zoo. The monkey exhibit (if it was another animal my mother will correct me) was right in the entrance and I was enthralled and when they tried to get me to move on I cried and cried and cried because I thought the monkeys were the coolest things in the world.  I go down memory lane because my boys are currently enjoying acting like veterinarians! We build zoos with our miniature animal figurines and talk about the habitats they belong in and we also give all of our animals a thorough check-up.


As you can see the giraffe is getting an extensive work up done and the line on the railing of the bed shows how many animals they have left to check. You may wonder why we have entered this stage of their imagination. Well, Isis Kitty is the reason.  The old girl isn't the same anymore and her health is deteriorating.  We have become somewhat regulars at the vets office and have a good plan in place to keep her pain free and happy for as long as possible. Colby and Lincoln understand that animals need check-ups, tests and medicine too just like people.  They know to be gentle with her and that is why the direction of their medical skills have turned to other (stuffed) animals in the house.



*update
I wrote this blog about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had it saved in my file and just hadn't gotten around to posting it.  Isis Kitty passed away 2 weeks ago.  She was about 11 years old and gave more love than any pet I've ever had.  She is dearly missed and the house is empty without her.  Here's to Isis Kitty, we learned so much for you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment