Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Maybe It's Time I Put on Some Real Pants

Katie R.

Most of us have been there.  We gain weight and lose weight making our jeans sometimes look amazing and other times... well not so much.  Well last year during those times of... well not so much... I learned of the amazing world of leggings.  First I had one pair, then five and now it has become my official uniform of winter.  

So when did I realize that maybe I have a leggings problem?  Is it when my husband makes fun of me?  No that doesn't bother me as that man has more flannel than they brawny guy.  Is it when I realized I had gone all week and worn a new pair of leggings every day?  Nope that just means I put on clean clothes everyday and that is really something to be proud of.  Is it when I realized I hadn't worn half of my tops because they don't go with leggings? No that just means I'm conserving those for next year.

The day I realized I may have a problem is when we were at a gathering at a friends house and both of my kids, at separate occasions, went up to my friend and thought it was me because she had leggings on. That day I had decided to wear jeans and apparently I was a stranger in their eyes.  Luckily it was a good friend so I just walked away and let her deal with whatever they wanted.  However, it did make me realize that maybe I should start wearing real pants.

So am I planning on being leggings free?  Not quite yet, but today, which is a snow day, I did take a shower and put on baggie sweat pants so no one can say I'm not changing it up.

My official uniform.  Ignore the hair and make-up, I hadn't got around to that (and most likely didn't manage to get it done that day) 




No comments:

Post a Comment