Saturday, January 12, 2013

When Did I Become A Grown-Up?

Katie R.

It happens.  We grow up.  The question is when does it happen?  For me most days I still feel like I’m in my early 20s and I wonder who thought I was responsible enough to have 2 kids.  But it’s true, I’m a grown–up, some may say old, but I’ll stick with grown-up.
How do I know?  Well I think these examples of things that have happened lately prove that I’m all grown up:

1.    We used our credit card rewards points for a new dishwasher.  Not a trip, not a night out on the town, a dishwasher.  Oh and I’m ridiculously excited for it to get here at the end of the month.

 
2.    The sign at the bar said you can drink if you were born after January, 1992.  Enough said.

 
3.    I realized, and it was confirmed by Katie D at dinner this week, that I (we) should never shop in the juniors department, American Eagle, Abercrombie or Hollister.  The good thing is most things won’t fit anyways, but I do have a confession that the sweater in the photo is from the juniors department and my husband will never let me forget it.

 
4.       I watched the Price is Right the other day for the first time in quite awhile and I realized I would rather have the appliances than the car.  One because I need new appliances, two because there are way too many taxes to take the car and three because the cars were way too small to fit kids.

 
5.       As I write this it’s Saturday night and I’m in my pajamas watching a bug’s life and my plans for the night end with sending Joe to work, putting Andrew to bed and watching TV.  Yep it’s another wild Saturday here.

It doesn’t mean I’m always a grown-up.  Next weekend Joe and I have family coming to watch the boys and we’re going to go away for the night and hopefully eat and drink way too much.  And of course let us now forget my very ungrown-up behavior at the Reindeer Party.  For now I guess I’m ok with being a grown-up as long as there are few times a month I can still be “in my 20s”.


No comments:

Post a Comment