Monday, January 28, 2013

The Greeting Card

Katie D.

Selecting the perfect card is no small task. I often go for the funny card. I am that person in the card store that gets laughing so hard that I will hand a card to a complete stranger and tell them to read a card that I think is fabulous. But a newer section in the card store has transformed my life; the music/action card.  I've looked at them before and never had one that was the right fit for whomever I was shopping for. 

Tom's extended family have a lovely tradition that on Christmas day they all exchange Christmas cards.  It's a sweet gesture that I always liked.  This year, when we all got together on the Saturday before Christmas, they gave both Colby and Lincoln Christmas cards. The boys were thrilled to be included and opended their cards as soon as we got home. And this is when our world of cards changed forever. Singing penguins, dancing dogs and spinning snow globes will forever be be the standard for card receiving and card giving. 

Almost a month later and the cards are still being played with, usually all at the same time which makes for beautiful music.  When we went to the store to pick out a birthday card for Tom I wasn't that person handing around the really funny cards, I was the mom with her kids playing all of the really loud and obnoxious cards to find the right one for daddy!

So times, they are a changing! Just watch out when your birthday comes and you get a card from us! You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment