Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Resolutions.. yeah I know I'm late

Katie R.

January 7, 2013 and I have begun my New Year’s Resolutions.   Yeah I know I’m a week late but I had to wait for food to be delivered, get back from our trip, yada yada.  So now it’s the 7th and I’m ready to go. 
Every year I make at least 3 resolutions.  Is it because I’m an overachiever? Is it because I’m feeling so motivated I know I can take on much more this year?  Is it because I know how important the resolutions are?  Nope.  I make at least 3 in the chance that I will succeed on at least one of them and 99% of the time I fail all three by February 1st.  But what the hell it’s worth a shot.

1.        To try a new recipe once a week (even though I won’t be eating it for a few months… see #2) I did this on Saturday making Ritz cracker and poppy seed chicken and it was pretty good.  I tried a Italian sausage pasta recipe last night, which counts for this week’s recipe, and it was ok.    

 
2.       To lose 15-20 lbs.  I started Medifast again today so hopefully I’ll only have to be on it for a couple months. I was on it last year and had to do it for 7 months but I had a lot more weight to lose.   I hope to follow the diet as religiously as I did last time although I am going to allow myself skim milk in my coffee (just a little). 

 
3.      Once a week, on a day Andrew doesn’t take a nap, spend the time when Wes is sleeping listening to his stories, playing board games or reading books.  NO tv, iPad or computer.

I was going to make a resolution about laundry or cleaning but I already know that would be a big fail so not even going to try.  So here's to 2013!

Unforunately this will all I'll be drinking for a while!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment