Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pefect Outing Until It Wasn't

For the past few days Tom has been away at a conference so I've been at it alone with the boys! I enjoy being a stay at home mom but, I won't lie, when Tom walks through the door at night I'm relieved that I don't have to do the rest of the night by myself. I decided to take in stride my time alone with my boys! Sunday morning I had the grand idea to take the boys out to breakfast by myself.  As a general rule Tom and I don't take the boys out for meals alot because they can become hot messes at the drop of a hat but they are getting older and easier to manage.  I figured breakfast was a good option because it is a quick meal and Colby and Lincoln will eat anything first thing in the morning. So, off we went in the big tan van to the the local truck stop for some fabulous food! I got them both enourmous maple donuts that were to die for and they stayed happy.

I'll be honest, I was feeling pretty good about myself! I felt the trip was going off without a hitch! The boys ate their Mickey Mouse pancakes and I got to enjoy my meal too.  They were so good I was able to go to the counter and pay while they sat in the booth finishing their milk. Colby, Linc and I threw on our coats and heading to the van and just when  I thought I had pulled it all off all by myself we get to the van and realize I had left the doors open the entire time we where in there! Good Lord! Overall it was a successuful trip and we live in a community where I don't freak out that I left the doors open on my vehicle!

Tom gets back late tommorow night.....It will be nice to have him home...at least to keep an eye on the doors of the big tan van!

No comments:

Post a Comment