Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Road Rally


Katie D.
Tom and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary of buying our house.  We still don’t have an ounce of buyer’s remorse and in fact I still find things to make me like it more every day.  This past weekend I fell in love with our driveway; its flat, paved and a good size.  Yes, all nice qualities in a driveway but when you add some sidewalk chalk, toddler sized vehicles and a dad that can draw a pretty kick-ass road course it becomes so much more. 


All weekend long the road rally was on!  Colby wanted to drive before breakfast Saturday morning and Lincoln didn’t want to come in for bath at bedtime.  When they wanted to take a break they sat in their own folding chairs like 2 old men porch sitting.  
 

Late summer lazy weekends don’t come around that often and when they do it is nice to relax, pull out a piece of chalk and create a bit of heaven for the boys and for me.  
 

1 comment: