Thursday, August 9, 2012

Everyday is a Vacation

Katie R.
A friend, who is a stay-at-home mom to 3 boys under the age of 5, was once told by a delivery driver “How is your day?  Well, everyday is a vacation day for you.” 

I am not a stay-at-home mom who believes my job is the most difficult, stressful, blah, blah, blah.  And yes I’m grateful I can stay home with the kids, watch them grow-up, blah, blah, blah.  But a vacation day really?

Well, today’s vacation went  like this:

6:00 am     Andrew waking up screaming “mommy come cuddle with me”
6:15 am     I actually make it to his room

6:20 am     Find out he has a fever
6:30 am     Yelling at husband to get up and get Wes who is crying

6:45 am     Getting Andrew to couch and getting thermometer to confirm fever

6:50 am     Finding thermometer and remembering it sucks

6:55 am     Begging husband to stay home from work know it won’t happen
7:00 am     Diaper change #1 for Wes
7:30 am     Husband leave for work promising to be home early

7:35 am     Temp up to 101.6 on sucky thermometer so likely closer to 102.6
8:00 am     Arguing with husband over phone about giving Andrew Tylenol

8:05 am     Give Andrew Tylenol
8:10 am     Diaper change and outfit change #2 for Wes

8:30 am     Realize I haven’t fed Wes breakfast (only bottle when he woke up)
8:40 am     Wes grabbed and threw entire container of yogurt on the floor

9-10 am     Wes napped and Andrew watched tv while I did laundry and cleaned

10:30 am    Wes follows me in bathroom

10:31 am    I scream “aahh” as he grabs toilet paper for the 5th time

10:32 am    He gets scared and hits head (hard) on tile floor

10:35 am    I feeling bad for my child’s brain injury so he gets a graham cracker
10:40 am   Graham cracker in a million pieces on the floor

10:45 am    Fever back
11:00 am    Andrew upset because we don’t have pork chops for lunch

11:05 am    Andrew negotiates hot dog and french fries for lunch

11:15 am   Diaper change and outfit change #3 for Wes

11:30 am    Early lunch, complete with cartoons, with the hope of early nap

11:45 am    Wes does not like the food I gave him so he spit it everywhere
12:30 pm     Andrew and I in bed with book, Wes on floor with toy

12:31 pm     Wes find water I forgot I gave Andrew and “drank it”
12:35 pm     Diaper change and outfit change #4 for Wes

1:00 pm       Both kids down for nap. 
1:05 pm      Me wondering what time I can start drinking wine?

Yep every day really is a vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment