Wednesday, May 21, 2014

To the Mailman in West Lebanon... Thank You!

Katie

Now Wes is a challenge when he takes a 3 hour nap, but because we are a little busier than normal Wes has had to skip his nap the past two days and like second children everywhere had to just had to deal with it.  So, where did I take the grumpiest kid on earth? Of course, Walmart.   

So we're leaving said Walmart and I'm not in the best mood, because I just spent 30 minutes in Walmart, and Wes is dragging.  We walk by the mailman in his truck and the mailman waves at Wes.  Wes waves but doesn't say hello and then we take a few steps forward and I say "Buddy, you better say hello, he's getting ready to leave."  

Wes stops in his tracks and hangs his head.  I was just about to turn him around when I hear "Hey little guy I have an important letter for you."  We turn around and the mailman is getting out of his truck and walking over to Wes.  He hands Wes the important letter and Wes is grinning from ear to ear and says to the mailman "Thank you so much.  Have a nice day."

I am sure that the mailman in West Lebanon will never read this but if by chance in this small town we live in you see this thank you, thank you, thank you.  You made his day. Everyone in the next 3 stores was told about his very important letter and couldn't wait to show daddy when he got home.  It's now hanging in a place of honor...our fridge.

And I have to admit, it made my day a bit brighter too.

His very important letter.  He asked me to take a photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment