Saturday, November 2, 2013

Getting My Craft On

My level of craftiness varies from day to day depending on my mood.  I'll make masks out of paper plates, sew curtains for a bedroom or pipe with frosting the face of mickey mouse on a cake. But I'll be honest, the thought of doing a footprint craft with my boys just sounds like a hot mess.  So when my dad, the boys' Pepere, had his birthday and they wanted to make him something I had to think about it for a bit.  After some thought, a lot of time on Pinterest, and visits to my local craft stores I had come up with a plan. 

A blank canvas, masking tape, paint and brushes was all I needed to complete this craft. I've seen it done for the holidays using the words "thankful" or "believe". I was impressed at how well the craft came together.


Having the boys help me with ripping the masking tape was great fun for them. The trickiest part was getting the name to fit properly on the canvas. We shifted the letters around a bit and the masking tape still worked well.


I let them pick out 5 colors to use and let them at it.  With the tape firmly in place they had a great time using paint brushes and hands to slather paint.  I enjoy a good craft when you don't have to worry about boundaries. 


Once dry, the masking tape pulled up nicely to reveal the finished project.  For those of you without a French background Pepere is French for grandfather and is probably my dad's favorite role in this world.

The boys where very pleased with themselves and the final product.  I wouldn't be surprised if we try this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment