Sunday, November 17, 2013

Friend Thanksgiving

The holiday season is among us. Many people I know are honoring the season by doing crafts to highlight what families are thankful for. It's a lovely idea but it's just not happening in my house. Please understand, we talk about the importance of thanksgiving and talk about all of the different things we are thankful for but sometimes Thanksgiving becomes a non-craft vortex between all the Halloween stuff we do and the anticipation for what's to come for Christmas.   As sweet and wonderful as Colby is when I ask him what he is thankful for he says "Andrew and his entire family, daddy's car and TVs." Yup, I don't make the list but Tom's Sentra does! WTF!

In spite of my lack of craft this time of year, I do love showing my thanks to those important in my life. I hosted a friend thanksgiving this past weekend and the tally ended up being 12 adults and 13 children. The 5 families that celebrated with us are some of my greatest friends.  Becoming moms brought all of the women together. Each one of them is a strong, funny and brilliant woman that helps provide me with endless support and entertainment.  The camaraderie that we built being new moms together and all the trials and tribulations that babies can provide built a core friendship with these ladies that will endure.  

The leading ladies in my life
Becky, Heather, Myself, Katie, Katharine and Michelle

And not to mention how awesome it is that all the dads/husbands all get along great too. So much so they segregated themselves at dinner with a boys table. For the most part we are all transplants to the Upper Valley so to find amazing people in similar places in their lives is a blessing.

 

And our children...what I find most amazing and one of the things I'm most thankful for are the friends my boys have made.  Colby and Lincoln don't remember a time in their lives without these friends being around.  They care about them like they were family and miss them when it's been too long between play dates.


It was a perfect day to celebrate an early thanksgiving.  I hope your thanksgivings are filled with love and celebrated with those you hold dear too.

We got fancy and used the silver
and china (Tom perfected his polishing
skills)
 
 
We did have some crafts for the kids to do!
(not pictured are pilgrim hats)

No comments:

Post a Comment