Thursday, August 15, 2013

He's Still My Little Man

When Colby was Lincoln's age I made sure to never miss a nap. I rarely had him push through an afternoon to do some activity.  Lincoln was a baby at the time and was still taking at least one nap if not two.  Well, living life with a 4 1/2 and a 2 1/2 year olds is much different then with a 2 year old and a baby. 

I was itching to get out of the house as soon as I woke up this morning.  We had a stove cleaning scheduled for late morning so I first thought we could get out early...but making muffins and enjoying the outside delayed us so we didn't get out before the stove guys came.  Once the guys did leave I wanted to make a quick dash out of the house.  It was nap time but I thought that we all could push through it.  I packed up, talked about our big plans, tempted them with race car shopping carts but Lincoln didn't seem thrilled.  I brought him upstairs to change his diaper before we headed out and realized he was just too tired.  Sometimes I forget that he is only 2 1/2 and can't rally the way Colby can at 4 1/2! I laid him down in bed, gave him a kiss and he was asleep in 2 minutes.  As much as I wanted to get out I needed to check my expectations. Nobody would have been happy if I pushed him through without a nap.

my sweet sleeping 2 1/2 year old
Colby and I hung out and played for a couple of hours while Lincoln recharged! I was chomping at the bit to get out but I let him get a nice nap in.  When I woke him up at 4 he was ready to rock.  We grabbed our things and headed out the door.  We hit the stores I needed wanted to get to and then hit up our little city's farmers market. We had a blast and enjoyed hotdogs, popcorn and fresh squeezed lemonade. We had such a great time we stayed past bedtime to listen and dance to the band. 

A hazy view of the market while we listened to the bands sound check
Some days don't go as planned but turn out better than you expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment